Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 My Favourite Reads

My Favourite Reads of 2014

2014 was a wonderful year for me. For the first time ever I almost exclusively limited myself to one genre – M/M – but despite that fact I can’t help feeling I’m only scratching the service of what’s available for me there. I didn’t quite manage to reach my goal of 150 books, although I got very close. I can’t say I’m too disappointed about that since I managed to write far more words of my own than I could ever have imagined. My reading goal for next year will be lower in the hope that my writing will continue to develop as it has over the past 52 weeks.

All books listed below fall in the M/M genre unless indicated otherwise.

Like many bloggers who write about the books they’ve read I will share my favourite reads of 2014 in today’s post. Unlike many of them I refuse to limit myself to a top 10 (or any other top). Instead I will give you two lists. And, just to clarify, these are books I read last year. While some of them were also published last year, others are older.

The first list contains mainly books or series that received a higher than five score, although there will be one or two titles which received a slightly lower rating but managed to leave an indelible impression on me. The titles are listed in alphabetical order and all of them have been linked to my post about the book on this blog.


 
The Slave, The Soldier & The Master by Kate Aaron
This book is Gay by James Dawson (NF / YA)
Precog in Peril by Theo Fenraven
Tequila Mockingbird by Rhys Ford
Strain by Amelia C. Gormley
Only Love by Garrett Leigh
King Perry, King Mai & The Butterfly King by Edmond Manning
The Saint by Tiffany Reisz (M/F)
Queers & Consent by A.J. Rose
Ball & Chain by Abigail Roux
Return on Investment by Aleksandr Voinov
Static by L.A. Witt

The second list contains book which scored a five, more than deserve to be mentioned, but didn’t quite imprint themselves in my memory and heart as much as the books listed above did. Once again the links will bring you to my post about the book.

Bonds of Denial by Lynda Aicher
Ed & Marchant by Sue Brown
Wolf Bound, The Haunted Maze by Theo Fenraven
The Devil’s Brew by Rhys Ford
Stripped Bare by Eileen Griffin & Nikka Michaels
The Secret Loves of Julia Caesar by Noelle Harrison (M/F)
Running Wild by S.E. Jakes
John & Jackie by T.J. Klune
The Candy Man by Amy Lane
Lip Service, Room Service by Nikka Michaels
Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonski (YA / LGBT) 
The Last Good KnightThe King by Tiffany Reisz (M/F)
The Mark of Cain by Kate Sherwood
If it Drives, Hostile Ground by Aleksandr Voinov & L.A. Witt
Damian’s Discipline by K.C. Wells & Parker Williams


6 comments:

  1. I'm honored to be on any list you present. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count myself lucky to have found you and your books.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Thanks for including me and Nikka in your list! I'm smiling from ear to ear :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two more than deserved your place, but I'm delighted to have made you grin <3

      Delete
  3. Woot! Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete